A powered block is a solid block that receives and outputs redstone power.
A powered block is the key to all circuits and is often looked over. A block changing state causes a block update.
When any of these is true, the state of the block becomes powered;
- A wire pointing towards the block, following its rules.
- A powered wire on top of the block.
- A powered torch underneath that block, regardless of it standing or hanging.
- A powered repeater pointing towards the side of that block.
- An enabled lever on the side or top of that block.
- A pressed button.
- A pressed wooden- or stone pressure plate on top of the block.
- Enabled detector rail.
When a block is powered, it will immediately output to any number of these;
- A wire anywhere around the block, unless it was powered by only a wire.
- A torch mounted on the side or on top of the block.
- A repeater facing away from the side of the block.
- A trap-, wooden or iron door anywhere around the block. (1)
- A dispenser anywhere around the block. (2)
- A booster rail anywhere around the block.